The Stone Crabs continue to struggle against the Fort Myers Miracle as they were shut-out 8-0 on Friday night at Charlotte Sports Park. The lost put an end to the Stone Crabs season high six game winning streak.
Fort Myers jumped out to a three run lead in the first inning. Kennys Vargas delivered a bases loaded triple to give them a 3-0 advantage.
The Miracle added to their lead in the second inning. This time it was an RBI triple by Stephen Wickens to increase the lead to 4-0.
Fort Myers posted three more to their total in the fifth inning. Vargas hit a two run homer and Jairo Rodriguez had an RBI double to give them a 7-0 lead.
The Miracles final run of the night came in the seventh as the league leader in homers Miguel Sano went deep to left to hand the Stone Crabs an 8-0 loss.
Stone Crabs manager Brady Williams was ejected in the seventh after arguing balls and strikes with home plate umpire Alex Tosi. DJ Baxendale was the winner for Fort Myers.
Ryan Carpenter suffered the loss for the Stone Crabs.
The series continues on Saturday at Charlotte Sports Park. Mike Montgomery will make his second rehab start followed up by Parker Markel.
- Ryan Brett (2B): 1 for 3
- Kes Carter (CF): 1 for 4 with a double
- Jake Hager (SS): 0 for 4
- Richie Shaffer (3B): 0 for 4
- Drew Vettleson (RF) 1 for 3
- Alejandro Segovia (DH): 0 for 3
- Jeff Malm (1B): 0 for 3
- Jake DePew (C): 0 for 3
- Willie Argo (LF): 0 for 2 with a walk
- Ryan Carpenter (Loss, 3-3): 7 runs, 4 earned on 8 hits with a strikeout and a walk in 5 innings
- Eliazer Suero: 1 run on 2 hits with 4 strikeouts in 4 innings