The Stone Crabs continue to struggle as they fell for the eleventh straight game following a 4-2 loss to the Brevard County Manatees on Monday night at Space Coast Stadium.
The Manatees jumped out to a lead in the first inning as they loaded the bases on two walks and a single. Yadiel Rivera cleared the bases with a three run triple to give the Manatees a 3-0 lead.
Brevard County added to their lead in the second inning. Chadwin Stang homered to left to give them a 4-0 advantage.
The Stone Crabs reached the scoreboard and cut the lead in half by scoring twice in the third. Kes Carter doubled to center to lead off the inning. Jake Hager followed with a single to right to move Carter to third. Hector Guevara singled to center to score Carter. Richie Shaffer drove home Hager with a sac fly to pull the Stone Crabs within two runs of the lead to 4-2.
Both clubs were kept off the scoreboard the remainder of the contest as the Stone Crabs fell 4-2.
Ryan Carpenter was charged with the loss for the Stone Crabs. Drew Gagnon picked up the win and Seth Harvey the save for Brevard County.
The series continues on Tuesday night at Space Coast Stadium. Parker Markel will be on the mound for the Stone Crabs against Brooks Hall for Brevard County.
- Jake Hager (SS): 2 for 4 with a double and a run scored
- Hector Guevara (2B): 1 for 3 with an RBI
- Drew Vettleson (RF): 0 for 3 with a walk
- Alejandro Segovia (DH): 0 for 2 with 2 walks
- Richie Shaffer (3B): 1 for 3 with an RBI
- Jeff Malm (1B): 1 for 4 with a double
- Jake DePew (C): 0 for 4
- Taylor Motter (LF): 1 for 4
- Kes Carter (CF): 1 for 4 with a double and a run scored
- Ryan Carpenter (Loss, 2-2): 4 runs on 5 hits with 4 strikeouts and 2 walks in 5 innings
- Nate Garcia: 2 no-hit innings with 2 strikeouts
- Lenny Linsky: 1 no-hit inning with a strikeout and a walk