The Stone Crabs lost their second straight game at the hands of the St Lucie Mets 2-1 on Monday night at Charlotte Sports Park. They went hit for hit with the Mets with each teams recording seven but in the end it was the Mets who made the most of the hits to earn the win.
St Lucie broke up the scoreless tie in the top of the fifth inning. TJ Rivera singled home a run to give the Mets a 1-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs didn’t waste any time tying the game, scoring in the bottom of the fifth to tie the game. Kyeong Kang drew a walk to put a runner on the bases. Kang would score on a double by Alejandro Segovia to tie the game 1-1.
The Mets retook the lead in the top of the seventh inning. Rivera struck again with another RBI single to give the Mets a 2-1 lead.
The Stone Crabs were held off the board the remainder of the game as they lost 2-1.
Jake Floethe was charged with the loss for the Stone Crabs.
The Stone Crabs try to avoid the sweep in the series finale on Tuesday night at Charlotte Sports Park. Roberto Gomez will start the finale against Noah Syndergaard.
- Jake Hager (SS): 1 for 4
- Drew Vettleson (RF): 0 for 5
- Kyeong Kang (LF): 0 for 3 with a walk and a run scored
- Alejandro Segovia (DH): 2 for 3 with 2 doubles, an RBI and a walk
- Richie Shaffer (3B): 0 for 3
- Curt Casali (C): 1 for 4
- Jeff Malm (1B): 0 for 4
- Taylor Motter (2B): 1 for 4
- Kes Carter (CF): 2 for 4 with a double
- Jesse Hahn: 3 scoreless innings with 3 hits, 1 strikeout and 1 hit
- Jake Floethe (Loss, 2-2): 2 runs, 1 earned on 4 hits with 2 strikeouts and 2 walks in 5 innings
- Jake Partridge: 1 no-hit inning with 3 strikeouts and a walk