The Stone Crabs dropped a tight game to the St. Lucie Mets 1-0 on Sunday evening at Charlotte Sports Park. Both pitching staffs had great outings but it was errant fielding that would prove to be the difference.
The Mets broke the scoreless tie in the top of fifth inning. Felipe Lope issued back to back walks to lead off the inning. A run would later score on an error to give the Mets a 1-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs put the tying run on the bases in the bottom of the ninth but failed to produce a run as they fell 1-0.
Felipe Rivero was charged with the loss for the Stone Crabs. Hansel Robles was the winning pitcher for St Lucie while Chasen Bradford got the save.
The series continues on Monday night at Charlotte Sports Park. Jesse Hahn is scheduled to start for Charlotte.
- Jake Hager (SS): 1 for 4
- Hector Guevara (2B): 1 for 4
- Drew Vettleson (RF): 0 for 4
- Richie Shaffer (3B): 0 for 3 with a walk
- Kyeong Kang (LF): 1 for 4
- Curt Casali (C): 1 for 4
- Jeff Malm (DH): 0 for 3 with a walk
- Steven Tinoco (1B): 2 for 4
- Kes Carter (CF): 0 for 2
- Felipe Rivero: 1 run on 4 hits with 7 strikeouts and 2 walks in 4 innings
- Bruedlin Suero: 3 scoreless innings with a hit and 2 strikeouts
- Shay Crawford: 2 shut-out innings with a hit, 3 strikeouts and 3 walks