After being shut-out in game one, the Stone Crabs offense went to work in game two of the doubleheader, collecting twelve hits in the 8-3 win over the Lakeland Flying Tigers.
Determined not be held scoreless again, the Stone Crabs pushed across a run in the first inning. Steven Tinoco singled home Robby Price to give the Stone Crabs a 1-0 lead.
Lakeland tied the game by scoring a run in the second inning.
Then the Flying Tigers posted two run in the third to take a 3-1 lead.
The Stone Crabs pulled to within a run of the lead by scoring in the bottom of the third. Mikie Mahtook doubled and later scored to bring the score to 3-2.
The Stone Crabs trailed until the home half of the fifth inning when their offense exploded for six runs. The inning was highlighted by a three run homer by Price. Tinoco, David Wendt and Alejandro Torres also drove home a run in the inning to give the Stone Crabs an 8-3 lead.
The bullpen combination of Jimmy Patterson and George Jensen held the Flying Tigers hitless in the final two frames to ensure the victory.
Victor Mateo picked up the win and is now 3-3 on the season.
The Stone Crabs head to the east coast for a four game series against the Daytona Cubs. CJ Riefenhauser gets the start in game one on Sunday evening at Jackie Robinson Ballpark.
- Robby Price (LF): 3 for 4 with a 3 run homer
- Hector Guevara (2B): 0 for 4
- Derek Dietrich (SS): 0 for 4
- Mikie Mahtook (RF): 3 for 3 with a double and 2 runs scored
- Steven Tinoco (1B): 3 for 4 with 3 RBI’s
- Riccio Torrez (3B): 0 for 2
- Cody Rogers (CF) 1 for 2 with a run scored
- David Wendt (C): 1 for 4 with an RBI and a run scored
- Alejandro Torres (DH): 1 for 3 with an RBI
- Victor Mateo (Win, 3-3): 3 runs on 4 hits with a strikeout in 5 innings
- Jimmy Patterson: 1 no-hit inning
- George Jensen: 1 no-hit inning