The Stone Crabs avenged last night’s loss by defeating the St. Lucie Mets 5-1 on Saturday night at Digital Domain Park. The offense backed a dazzling six shut-out inning performance by starter Kyle Lobstein to win the game and even the series.
The Stone Crabs jumped out to an early lead in the first inning and never looked back. Jake Jefferies doubled to left to lead off the inning. Jefferies would later score on an RBI single by Matt Hall to give the Stone Crabs a 1-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs added to their lead in the seventh inning. Dustin Biell opened the frame with a triple to right field. Reid Fronk plated the runner with a double to right. Fronk later scored on an single by Anthony Scelfo to increase the lead to 3-0.
St. Lucie posted their only run of the night in the bottom of the eighth inning. Rylan Sandoval struck a solo home run for their lone run of the game.
The Stone Crabs offense wasn’t quite finished as they pushed across two more runs in the ninth inning. Ty Morrison singled to left to get things going. Morrison then stole second base and later scored on a double by Fronk. Mark Thomas then scored Fronk with an RBI double to give the Stone Crabs the 5-1 margin of victory.
Lobstein earned the win, improving to 9-9 on the season. Zack Wheeler was the losing pitcher for St. Lucie.
The series changes venues to Charlotte Sports Park for the finale on Sunday. CJ Riefenhauser gets the start for the Stone Crabs against Armando Rodriguez for St. Lucie.
- Ty Morrison (CF): 2 for 5 with a run scored.
- Reid Fronk (RF): 2 for 5 with 2 doubles, 2 RBI’s and 2 runs scored.
- Anthony Scelfo (3B): 1 for 3.
- Mark Thomas (DH): 2 for 5 with a double and an RBI.
- Mike Sheridan (1B): 0 for 4.
- Jake Jefferies (C): 2 for 4 with a double and a run scored.
- Omar Luna (2B): 1 for 4 with a double.
- Dustin Biell (LF): 1 for 4 with a triple and a run scored.
- Matt Hall (SS): 1 for 4 with an RBI.
- Kyle Lobstein (Win, 9-9): 6 shut-out innings with 5 hits and 5 strikeouts.
- Mike Jarman (Hold, 5): 1 run on 3 hits with 2 strikeouts and a walk in 2 innings.
- Josh Satow: 1 scoreless inning with a hit and 2 strikeouts.