The Stone Crabs continue to struggle against the St. Lucie Mets as they were shut-out 3-0 on Friday night at Digital Domain Park. The Stone Crabs were held to just one hit and two total baserunners on the night.
The game remained scoreless until the bottom of the fifth when the Mets struck for their first run of the night. Juan Centeno struck an RBI single to score Francisco Pena to give them a 1-0 lead.
The Mets scored two more in the seventh. Rylan Sandoval doubled to center followed by back to back walks by Pedro Zapata and Centeno to load the bases. Wilmer Flores drove home two runs with a single to right to give the Mets a 3-0 win.
The Stone Crabs only managed two baserunners on the night. Omar Luna singled to center in the third and Tyler Bortnick drew a walk in the seventh.
Merrill Kelly suffered the loss for the Stone Crabs. Darin Gorski was the winner for St. Lucie.
The Stone Crabs and Mets play again on Saturday at Digital Domain Park. Kyle Lobstein gets the start for the Stone Crabs facing Zack Wheeler for St. Lucie.
- Ty Morrison (CF) 0 for 4.
- Reid Fronk (RF): 0 for 3.
- Tyler Bortnick (2B): 0 for 2 with a walk.
- Mark Thomas (C): 0 for 3.
- Jake Jefferies (DH): 0 for 3.
- Matt Hall (SS): 0 for 3.
- Alejandro Torres (1B): 0 for 3.
- Omar Luna (3B): 1 for 3.
- Dustin Biell (LF): 0 for 3.
- Merrill Kelly (Loss, 8-4): 1 run on 6 hits with 2 walks and a strikeout in 5 1/3 innings.
- Kirby Yates: 2 runs on 3 hits with 3 walks and 2 strikeouts in 2 2/3 innings.