Despite taking an early lead, the Stone Crabs fell to the Palm Beach Cardinals 3-1 on Wednesday night at Roger Dean Stadium.
Ty Morrison and Reid Fronk led off the game with back to back singles. Morrison then scored on an RBI single by Mark Thomas to give the Stone Crabs a 1-0 lead.
Palm Beach tied the game in the bottom of the first inning on a solo home run by Greg Garcia.
The Cardinals took their first lead of the game an inning later on yet another solo home run. This time it was Edgar Lara going deep to center to give the Cardinals a 2-1 lead.
Palm Beach added an insurance run in the bottom of the fourth inning. Niko Vasquez doubled home Adam Melker to give the Cardinals the 3-1 margin of victory.
Alex Koronis was charged with the loss and is now 7-7 on the season. Richard Castillo was the winner for Palm Beach.
The Stone Crabs and Cardinals play each other for the final time this season on Thursday night at Roger Dean Stadium. Jake Thompson will start the finale for the Stone Crabs against Deryk Hooker for Palm Beach.
- Ty Morrison (CF): 2 for 4 with a run scored.
- Reid Fronk (RF): 2 for 3 with a walk.
- Tyler Bortnick (2B): 0 for 4.
- Mark Thomas (C): 1 for 4 with an RBI.
- Mike Sheridan (1B): 0 for 4.
- Anthony Scelfo (3B): 0 for 3.
- Jake Jefferies (DH): 0 for 3.
- Matt Hall (SS): 0 for 3.
- Dustin Biell (LF): 0 for 3.
- Alex Koronis (Loss, 7-7): 3 runs on 6 hits with 5 strikeouts and 2 walks in 5 2/3 innings.
- Matt Stabelfeld: no runs on 2 hits with a strikeout and a walk in 2 1/3 innings.