The Stone Crabs were swept in Monday’s doubleheader after losing to the Daytona Cubs 2-1 in the night cap at Jackie Robinson Ballpark.
Daytona took the lead in the first inning. Evan Crawford doubled to center then advanced to third on a single by Logan Watkins. Jae-Hoon Ha drove home Crawford with a single to left to give them a 1-0 lead.
The Cubs put their second run on the board in the second inning. Mario Mercedes and Dustin Harrington hit back to back singles to get things going. Mercedes later scored on an RBI single by Watkins to increase the lead to 2-0.
The Stone Crabs cut the lead in half by scoring in the top of the sixth. Dustin Biell doubled to second and later scored on a single by Omar Luna. But the Stone Crabs were unable to generate any more runs as they fell 2-1, earning a split of the series.
Kyle Lobstein suffered the loss.
The Stone Crabs are off on Tuesday before beginning a four game series against the Clearwater Threshers on Wednesday at Charlotte Sports Park. Alex Colome will start game one of the series.
- Dustin Biell (CF): 2 for 3 with a double and a run scored.
- Omar Luna (3B): 2 for 3 with an RBI.
- Brett Nommensen (RF): 0 for 3.
- Mark Thomas (DH): 1 for 3.
- Tyler Bortnick (2B): 1 for 3.
- Mike Sheridan (1B): 0 for 3.
- Mayo Acosta (C): 0 for 2.
- Reid Fronk (LF): 0 for 2.
- Matt Hall (SS): 0 for 2.
- Kyle Lobstein (Loss, 6-6): 2 runs on 9 hits with 6 strikeouts in 7 innings.