The Stone Crabs struggle against the St. Lucie Mets continued on Tuesday morning as they lost 9-0 at Digital Domain Park. The Stone Crabs only managed one hit and one walk all game.
St. Lucie took the lead in the second inning. Wilmer Flores reached on an error to lead off the inning. He later scored on an RBI single by Rylan Sandoval to take a 1-0 lead.
The Mets increased their lead in the third inning. Stefan Welch struck a three run homer to put the Mets ahead 4-0.
The Mets struck again in the sixth inning. They loaded the bases on a single by Flores, a walk to Robbie Shields and a single by Juan Centeno. Sandoval then cleared the bases with a grand slam to give the Mets a 8-0 lead.
St. Lucie posted one home run in the eighth inning. Once again it was Sandoval going deep with his second home run of the game to hand the Stone Crabs a 9-0 loss.
The Stone Crabs lone hit came in the top of the third when Matt Hall singled to right. The only other baserunner for the Stone Crabs came when Anthony Scelfo drew a walk in the top of the eighth.
Alex Colome was charged with the loss. Darin Gorski was the winner for St. Lucie.
The Stone Crabs head back to Charlotte Sports Park to close out the series and the first half against the St. Lucie Mets on Wednesday. Kyle Lobstein will get the start against Jack Egbert for St. Lucie.
- Hak-Ju Lee (SS): 0 for 4.
- Tyler Bortnick (2B): 0 for 4.
- Brett Nommensen (RF): 0 for 3.
- Greg Sexton (1B): 0 for 3.
- Anthony Scelfo (LF): 0 for 2 with a walk.
- Mayo Acosta (C): 0 for 3.
- Ty Morrison (DH): 0 for 3.
- Matt Hall (3B): 1 for 3.
- Dustin Biell (CF): 0 for 3.
- Alex Colome (Loss, 4-5): 4 runs (3 earned) on 5 hits with 4 strikeouts and a walk in 5 innings.
- Deivis Mavarez: 4 runs on 3 hits with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts in 2 innings.
- Hunter Hill: 1 run on 1 hit with 2 strikeouts in an inning pitched.