The Stone Crabs were swept by the Jupiter Hammerheads after losing 2-0 on Thursday morning at Roger Dean Stadium. The loss was the Stone Crabs fifth loss in a row as they struggle in May, still looking for that first May win.
Rain in Jupiter caused the start of the game to be delayed 56 minutes. But once play began, the Hammerheads wasted no time taking the lead. Daniel Pertusati was hit by a pitch to lead off the first inning. He then stole second and later scored on an RBI double by Dallas Poulk. Poulk then stole third before later scoring on a sac fly by Kyle Jensen to give them a 2-0 lead. Those two runs were all that were needed to hand the Stone Crabs their fifth straight loss.
The Stone Crabs offense struggled against Jupiter, only reaching base seven times and going 0 for 8 with runners in scoring position.
Drew Leary suffered the loss in the spot start. Jose Alvarez was the winner and AJ Ramos notched the save for Jupiter.
The Stone Crabs return home to Charlotte Sports Park for a three game series against the Bradenton Marauders. Alex Koronis will start against Quinton Miller for Bradenton.
- Hak-Ju Lee (SS): 1 for 4.
- Tyler Bortnick (2B): 0 for 3 with a walk.
- Mark Thomas (DH): 1 for 4.
- Greg Sexton (1B): 1 for 4 with a double.
- Brett Nommensen (RF): 0 for 4.
- Mayo Acosta (C): 1 for 4 with a double.
- Anthony Scelfo (LF): 1 for 3 with a stolen base.
- Matt Hall (3B): 0 for 3.
- Chris Murrill (CF): 0 for 2 with a walk.
- Drew Leary (Loss, 0-1): 2 runs on 3 hits with a strikeout in 3 innings.
- Adam Liberatore: 4 scoreless innings with 3 hits, 2 strikeouts and a walk.
- Scott Shuman: scoreless inning with a hit and 2 strikeouts.