The Stone Crabs were shut-out by the Jupiter Hammerheads 3-0 on Tuesday night at Roger Dean Stadium. The Stone Crabs struggled against the Hammerheads pitching, recording just four base hits and none of them were for extra bases. The Charlotte offense was 0 for 5 with runners in scoring position and stranded a total of eight men on the night.
Jupiter took the lead in the fourth inning. Jeremy Synan reached on an error to put a runner on the bases. Then Kyle Jensen cleared the bases with a two run blast to center field that gave them a 2-0 lead.
The Hammerheads added another run in the sixth inning. Once again it was Synan getting things started with a triple to right. He then scored on a wild pitch by Kyle Lobstein to increase the lead 3-0.
The Stone Crabs could not overcome the commanding no-hit performance from the Jupiter bullpen as they lost their third straight game.
Kyle Lobstein fell to 0-1 with the loss. Rob Rasmussen was the winning pitcher with Alejandro Ramos getting the save.
The series continues on Wednesday night at Roger Dean Stadium. Alex Colome will start against Chad James.
- Tyler Bortnick (2B): 0 for 3 with a walk.
- Anthony Scelfo (LF): 1 for 4.
- Mark Thomas (DH): 0 for 3 with a walk.
- Greg Sexton (3B): 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Brett Nommensen (RF): 0 for 4.
- Mayo Acosta (C): 1 for 3.
- Mike Sheridan (1B): 0 for 4.
- Matt Hall (SS): 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Chris Murrill (CF): 0 for 3.
- Kyle Lobstein (Loss, 0-1): 3 runs (1 earned) on 3 hit with 5 strikeouts and a walk in 5 2/3 innings.
- Adam Liberatore: no runs on 1 hit in 1 1/3 innings.
- Scott Shuman: a no-hit inning with a strikeout and 2 walks.