The Stone Crabs were unable to carry the momentum of a walk-off win last night into tonight’s match-up against the Bradenton Marauders as they were pounded 13-0 at McKechnie Field. Pirate’s rehabbing catcher Chris Snyder knocked in six runs on the night which was equal to the total number of hits the collected by the Stone Crabs hitters.
Starter Alex Colome took the brunt of the Bradenton attack, surrendering 7 earned runs in 1 2/3 innings. Reliever Frank De Los Santos was also tagged for six runs in the fifth inning. The pitching staff combined for a franchise worst 10 walks.
Bradenton took the lead in the first inning on a two run home run by Chris Snyder.
Then in the second inning, the Marauders posted five more runs to the scoreboard. They used four hits and four walks in the inning to push across the runs and take 7-0 lead.
The Marauder offense would stay off the board until the bottom of the fifth inning when they scored six more runs. Six hits, a walk and error helped give the Marauders the 13-0 margin of victory.
Greg Sexton was the only Stone Crabs to have multiple hits on the night by going 2 for 4. The four other hits came from Chris Murrill, Brett Nommensen, Mike Sheridan and Mark Thomas.
The series moves back to Charlotte Sports Park on Saturday night. Chris Andujar gets the start for the Stone Crabs against Quinton Miller for the Marauders.
- Chris Murrill (CF): 1 for 4.
- Tyler Bortnick (2B): 0 for 2.
- Anthony Scelfo (2B): 0 for 1
- Brett Nommensen (RF): 1 for 4 with a double.
- Greg Sexton (3B): 2 for 4.
- Mike Sheridan (1B): 1 for 4.
- Mark Thomas (C): 1 for 3 with a double.
- David Wendt (C): no plate apperance.
- Mayo Acosta (DH): 0 for 3.
- Matt Hall (SS): 0 for 3.
- Gabe Cohen (LF): 0 for 3.
- Alex Colome: suffered the loss, allowed 7 runs on 5 hits with 4 walks and a strikeout in 1 2/3 innings.
- Shane Minks: 2 1/2 no-hit innings with 2 strikeouts and 3 walks.
- Frank De Los Santos: allowed 6 runs on 6 hits with a strikeouts and a walk in 1 inning.
- Adam Liberatore: pitched a no-hit inning with 1 strikeout.
- Sergio Espinosa: no runs on 1 hit with 2 strikeouts in an inning pitched.
- Scott Shuman: pitched a shut-out inning with 1 hit, 3 strikeouts and 2 walks.