With the Rays beginning their spring exhibition schedule today, focus on the backfields of Charlotte Sports Park now shifts to minor league camp. Here are the important dates for minor league spring training camp.
- March 1 – Pitchers and Catchers report
- March 2 – First workout
- March 5 – Position players report
- March 6- Full squad work-out
- March 10 & 11 – Intrasquad scrimmages
- March 13 – Exhibition schedule begins
The official exhibition schedule has not been released by the Rays yet. But as in past years, the Rays will oppose minor league clubs from the Orioles, Twins and Red Sox organizations. I will post the schedule and travel guide once the schedule is released.